[csw-maintainers] Directory permissions on /opt/csw/var/svc

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Feb 16 22:13:27 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:47:50PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 16.02.2009 um 21:11 schrieb Andy Igoshin:
> > i propose to change the group name of some SMF directories to conform
> > to solaris directories when '/opt/csw/var' is mounted on '/var'.
> >
> > the patch is attached.

Hmmm.... that sort of thing, strikes me as potentially very, VERY
dangerous.

There are assorted packages/programs, that sometimes exist in both sun
space, and csw space, and both use /var, I think.
There would be some potentially nasty conflicts.

If so, i'm not sure we should be facilitating behaviour that we know is
inherently problematical?