[csw-maintainers] new gnome maintainer needed

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 20 15:52:22 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Am 19.02.2009 um 21:58 schrieb Philip Brown:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:40:02PM +0100, William Bonnet wrote:
>>> Taking in account the "large" amount of work associated with this
>>> role,
>>> and its dependencies (as an example, i cannot build new Xfce until
>>> gnome
>>> is updated, and many are in the same situaton), maybe it is the
>>> time to
>>> setup the first team of maintainers ?
>>>
>>> IHMO this job looks too large for a single person.
>> Weeell... a team starts with one person. So it would be nice if at
>> least one
>> person steps forward, and then perhaps others will join, when it
>> seems like
>> they wont be the one stuck with "all of it" ;-)
>
> Ok then, sleeves up. I'll start with some base libraries. Feel free
> to join in.
>

> Best regards
>
>    -- Dago

Once I get php and dependencies finished and python redone.  I will lend
a hand.  hopefully the php and python will be done by mid next week.

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist