[csw-maintainers] Call for testers

Trygve Laugstøl trygvel at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 14 01:32:35 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are packages piling up in testing/ and there seem to be
> only very little feedback. How about a "call for testers" on
> the main page? Having professional testers would both help
> maintainers and improve quality.

One thing that might help with getting non-maintainers (maintainer of
the specific package, not all maintainers) to test stuff might be to
have a page describing test cases to run etc. This will vary wildly
between packages, but for some packages it might be very useful.

I'm planning to add a jetty6-dev page on the wiki [1] the next time I'm
rebuilding the Jetty package just to serve as a reminder for myself on
how to verify that the package work.

[1]: http://wiki.opencsw.org/packages

--
Trygve