[csw-maintainers] Thematics month proposal

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 18 15:56:23 CET 2009

Hi William,

Am 16.01.2009 um 12:27 schrieb William Bonnet:
> If we want to setup this thematics agenda, some people will have to
> work
> on advance on the process. Each coming theme will raise discussion
> about
> the process improvement (what is missing, out dated, which
> documentation
> is missing etc.). This will have certainly to be done during the month
> before the theme (that's also why i propose to start by commnication,
> there is no process prerequisite).
>
> Running a "thematic event" can go through simple steps like :
> . week one we talk about what has to be done,
> . week 2 and 3 people work on different task, according to their
> free time,
> . week 4 everyone work is integrated, commited, tested and published
>
> That's just a general process. It will have to be tuned to fit the
> real
> life and may chance according to the subjects

I think that the thematics month proposal is a great and truly
useful idea. You have my full support for taking the stake on
these things. The order makes sense, removing libtools files
can be done at the "removing bugs" month.

Having the new website first would be good as the progress could
be generally visible blogged on the front page. Do you think you
can do that first?