[csw-maintainers] Thematics month proposal

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 18 22:34:27 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 18.01.2009 um 22:07 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Trygve Laugstøl
> <trygvis at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> I recall the same. A few was "handled already", other where "almost
>> done" (like lots of the GAR stuff). Some of the matters are internal
>> stuff (like the exact details of the release process), but most of
>> them
>> are public and should probably be moved to William's page (with a
>> status
>> note if applicable).
>
> The technical stuff is not the problem, I'm not worried about that.
> What worries me, even more after your post, is that there seems to be
> some unexplainable need for secrecy. Why does the release process need
> to be handled internally?

There is no need for it to be handled internally. Explanations are given
in www.opencsw.org:/home/newpkgs/README in addition to individual emails
to the maintainers. I'll write all that up during the week.

> And what does that mean? The board? Are you
> involved? Why aren't the rest of us worthy of knowing what goes on?

Well, I of course feel myself well informed. We could enhance the
process
with email-pings to maintainers@ or anything else that makes it more
visible any time if the members feel that this is needed. That it is not
done is not rooted in that we don't want it - it is not that easy to
just post the right amount of data. If you feel the need please post,
kick the board, kick me, kick Ihsan, kick Phil. It's our obligation to
do this decently. But making everyone happy is not an easy task ;-)

> I hear that it's being handled but I simply don't believe it until I
> see it.

Ok. Point taken. Please: Kick again if this is not implemented with
your full satisfaction.