[csw-maintainers] Thematics month proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jan 18 23:14:28 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:59:53PM +0100, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:

> Peter's point is that he want more than one person to decide.

Decide what?
More than one person to decide what actually gets written down as standards?
More than one person, in case the primary person is on vacation or ill?

Or to play a game of "well, mom said I cant, so I'll go ask dad instead"?

I dont think that playing games like that is beneficial to the quality of
CSW packages. But that seems to be what Peter is aiming for, since the
other cases are Already Handled.

In my opinion, it would be a bad thing, to have one set of packages that
are put into "current"  via one person, that have strict consistency to them,
and then have another set of packages, allowed to go into current
by a different person, that did not have consistency to them.

That is my opinion. Now that we have a whole definition of "membership"
in the "OpenCSW association", perhaps we can have a format vote to
see how many people share my opinion, and settle this issue.