[csw-maintainers] pkgutil 1.4 released

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 21 14:44:42 CET 2009

I have released version 1.4 of pkgutil and the main news is that it's
much faster at calculating dependencies than before. You who had tried
to install complex packages with lots of dependencies had to wait for
many minutes to get results, now it should be down to seconds. In my
tests it's been more than 100x faster in some cases.

Release history for v1.4:

    * Dependency calculations are now much faster
    * Support for local file repositories (Dennis Clarke)
    * Keyword "same" when using -c replaced with "SAME" (Dennis Clarke)
    * Bldcat now skips SUNW packages as dependencies

The reason for such a short list (when I have a huge wishlist) is that
I'm working with another developer on a large patch and I
underestimated the time it takes to implement and test so I decided to
release v1.4 with this important speed increase and then continue with
the patch.

More info about pkgutil here: http://pkgutil.wikidot.com

--
/peter