[csw-maintainers] Fwd: [csw-users] Warning: Latest Clamav does not work on old Sparcs

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jan 22 19:47:49 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:39:02PM -0500, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Jan 22 13:32:12 -0500 2009:
> > Best I could do, would be to look at executables in /opt/csw/bin only.
> > Which would still potentially miss somethings, but would at least catch
> > more than is being done now.
>
> ...but checkpkg is already doing a `find ...` and discovering anything
> with an ELF header.  Couldn't this list be overloaded to help in this
> situation?

The issue is not "finding where all ELF files are located".
The issue is, "Which ones should we legitimately complain about?"
As I have mentioned, the rule is NOT that *all* sparc binaries be
v8. The rule is that *default* binaries be v8.

One package i know of that would run afoul of a blind checkpkg check, would
be mysql. which has 32bit and 64bit binaries in the same directory.
but they are not /opt/csw/bin