[csw-maintainers] Proposed patch for mgar v2 (ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES)

Chad Harp harpchad at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 27 22:44:44 CET 2009

I want to propose and get feedback on the following patch to gar.

I'd like to add a configuration variable called ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES.
The purpose of this variable would be to define items that should not be
moved to a bin/$(ISA) directory and wrapped with isaexec.

Examples of executables that you may not want to wrap:
   shell & other interpreted language scripts
   symbolic links (i.e. view->vim, no need to wrap the view symlink)
   executables that wouldn't benefit from 64bit support

I've implemented this in the attached patch by adding another flag to
pathfilter (-n) and calling it with the excluded files from gar.pkg.mk

I've done some testing and it works as I need it to.  Hopefully I
haven't missed a simpler way to do this.

--chad