[csw-maintainers] .la discussion

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jan 28 18:02:51 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:27:22AM -0600, Chad Harp wrote:
> There's been discussion, but I'm not sure there's a consensus yet.
>
> I've got some .la files that are causing issues.  I've seen some
> requests to have them deleted (on a single file basis) from the build
> farm, is that how we should handle them for now?  Should that e-mail go
> to the buildfarm list?

you should both email/contact the maintainer, and also the build farm, if
you are in a hurry.
if you are not in a hurry, then just contact the maintainer.

> I suspect there will be less work is we mass relocate them and add them
> as needed (i.e. there will be fewer requests for adds than deletes).

there are "only" 10 packages with .la files on the build farm.
So, it's not THAT much work, I would think.

ones that are probably the easiest to fix, are:

libsqlite3.la  (Michael
libgdbm.la    (Me)
libsasl2.la  (Damjan)

the notsoseay, are for libiconv and ggettext (both me, unfortunately)