[csw-maintainers] Use of java folder

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 28 22:37:28 CET 2009

Hi William,

Am 28.01.2009 um 22:27 schrieb William Bonnet:
> Still talking about the beanutils package... but different subject.
>
> Beautils package is Apache Jakarta Commons Beanutils. A java lib. I
> have
> several libs to add to gar, and i was planning to add them to GAR
> under
> the java folder (just like there is xfce, x11 and cpan folders). A few
> weeks ago, Dago, you told me you were planning to put jdk packages
> under
> *java* , but i noticed they are the root of pkg. Do you still plan
> to do
> it or can i use it ?

I am still negatioating with Suns legal department. For reference I
installed
jdk6 / jre6 on build8s / build8x. I am very well aware that this is
against the
release-first policy, but as it does not have any side-effects on any
other
software I hope you'll forgive me ;-)

> I you use it, is it a problem if i call my folder
> *javalibs* instead ?

javalibs/ or java/, both ok for me. Are you planning to do GAR magic
in the
category? If no, it is just a grouping.