[csw-maintainers] Use of java folder

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 30 17:27:34 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 30.01.2009 um 17:19 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:27:48PM +0100, William Bonnet wrote:
>> Still talking about the beanutils package... but different subject.
>>
>> Beautils package is Apache Jakarta Commons Beanutils. A java lib. I
>> have
>> several libs to add to gar, and i was planning to add them to GAR
>> under
>> the java folder (just like there is xfce, x11 and cpan folders). A
>> few
>> weeks ago, Dago, you told me you were planning to put jdk packages
>> under
>> *java* , but i noticed they are the root of pkg. Do you still plan
>> to do
>> it or can i use it ? I you use it, is it a problem if i call my
>> folder
>> *javalibs* instead ?
>
> I think it's best to use full path names when you're talking about
> this
> stuff

The directory layout of the Java stuff is now exactly as we have
discussed:

/opt/csw/java
   jdk/
     jdk1.6.0_52/          (CSWjdk6)
     jdk6 -> jdk1.6.0_52   (CSWjdk6)
     latest -> jdk6        (CSWjdk)
   jre/
     jre1.6.0_52 -> jdk1.6.0_52/jre/ (CSWjre6)
     jre6 -> jre1.6.0_52   (CSWjre6)
     latest -> jre6        (CSWjre)
   javalibs/               (New one??)

The packages have been installed on build8s and build8x for inspection.