[csw-maintainers] Package page broken

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 31 03:38:32 CET 2009

I reported about the file display being wrong for phpMyAdmin the other
day. I remember reporting the same thing to Blastwave sometime before
the split and it was fixed but we still have the broken code that
doesn't use the BASEDIR setting.

I also noted that my new package, botnet, can't be displayed at all.
According to the page there is no such package.

A third problem is that bzip2 doesn't show isaexec as a dependency on
the main site but in the catalog it's there.

All three of these problems do not exist with James Lee's more
informative package page: http://www.canoedissent.org.uk/packages/

Overall the web site is pretty shaky with broken stuff that has been
broken for a long time and new stuff being "out of sync" like above. I
hope the new web site will use more stable tools for us, like James
page which has always worked fine for me.

--
/peter