[csw-maintainers] package hooks (update)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jul 3 00:04:45 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 04:02:56PM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> > http://wiki.opencsw.org/package-hooks
>
> ...Ok, the wiki now contains a _complete_, _explicit_ list of valid
> hooks and the corresponding directories.

thank you.

more comments:

Dont depend on files that are living raw in /var/tmp.
It's a security hole.
I dont think you should be using files to pass around arguments at all.
particularly something as trivial as "a list of affected packages".
I think you shoudl have the list of packages, just be passed as the
argument list.

Additional comment:
you need to explicitly define behaviour of install vs update.
that is to say, you need to specify whether update hooks will be called
IN ADDITION TO, or INSTEAD OF, install and/or remove hooks.
hay waitaminute, you dont have remove hooks.

well actually you mention them in one section, but not in another section.
Missing from the "Proposed Per-package Hooks" section