[csw-maintainers] package hooks (update)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jul 3 16:06:32 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 09:15:04AM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> It's also quite difficult for pkg-get/pkgutil to detect the difference
> between remove and purge (as handled by the classes), if we wanted to
> synthesize it, since it would have to start snooping around to even
> get that info.  Unless someone really thinks purge is important, I
> think we should walk away from it.

I have been meaning to implement explicit purge in pkg-get, for a long
time.

Its the reason why the cswpreserveconf class exists, for example:
so that there will be a deterministic way of accomplishing purge.
That class makes it possible in theory to run "pkg-get purge", even if
  the original package is no longer installed!
Too bad I havent written it yet :)