[csw-maintainers] include asvn script into cswsvn, at least client: how to do this?

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sat Jul 4 12:39:45 CEST 2009

hi,

how would one include asvn
(http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/asvn ) best
into the cswsvn package?

rupert.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thurner Rupert (KIRF 65) <rupert.thurner at credit-suisse.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 18:07
Subject: include asvn into cswsvn pls
To: rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>

From:   Lawie Duncan (CS)
Sent:   Wednesday, July 01, 2009 3:17 PM
To:     Thurner Rupert (KIRF 65); Kannenberg Ralf (KIRG 1); Molini
Robert R. (KIRG 1)
Subject:        SVN and file permissions

Rupert,

it took us a good few drawings, but I think our discussion this
afternoon was very useful.

The "asvn" script I referred to is available at
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/asvn

It looks to do exactly what we need, in terms of maintaining file
permissions, but I haven't actually been able to test it because it
relies on a -printf option to "find"

PRINTDETAILS="-printf \"file='%p' mode=%m user=%u(%U) group=%g(%G)\n\""
eval "find $PCWD $SKIPSVN -o \( \( -type d ! -name .svn \) -o -type f
\) $PRINTDETAILS"

I understood that we should be able to install  GNU find alongside
svn, which would allow us to test this script.  Would it be best to
get it from http://www.gnu.org/software/findutils/ ?

Assuming that this does what we need, is there a formal mechanism for
requesting that asvn and GNU find are made a part of the standard SVN
product?

Thanks,
Duncan.

Duncan Lawie
Database Component Engineering - Oracle
+44 (0)20 788 3 9229

"If you will take my advice, you will think little of Socrates and a
great deal more for truth." -- Socrates.