[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] Munin 1.3.4 in testing

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jul 6 19:07:52 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 06:51:18PM +0200, Juergen Arndt wrote:
> 1.2.6 is the last official stable version, but it's already more than a
> year old and I was asked to package a more current version. If this does
> not comply with our policies, I will package 1.2.6 as well, no problem.

well, the "policies" have to be flexible, due to the stupidity of some
software "publisher"s lack of standards and consistency.
The usual questions to be asked are:

1. how long has [specific version proposed] been out in the wild
2. how likely is it that an official new 'stable' version will be released
   soon?

 (and 2a: is the'stable' version so ancient as to be virtually useless)

If the answers are long the lines of

1. a very long time
2. very unlikely

then a newer but non "stable" release of software can be accepted as a
package.