[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] Munin 1.3.4 in testing

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jul 7 17:34:59 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 10:31:41AM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> But, which is the better approach for us, going forward.  There are a
> lot of packages that could ship a similar apache snippet.  Read-only
> /opt/csw issues as a separate issue, which do people feel is cleaner?
> Lumping apache config snippets with apache, or sticking them with the
> config for the package that ships it?  I think I could argue either
> way.

I think that, for sysadmins coming late to the scene, having an "include"
that is a long one, such as

include  /some/path/to/other/application/stuff

is actually more informative to have in the apache configs. it provides a
better "trail of breadcrumbs", to where the "other application" really
lives.