[csw-maintainers] Library problem?

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Wed Jul 8 08:49:56 CEST 2009

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 09:06:30AM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:
>> if you are running 1.24 you need to run
>> /opt/csw/bin/sparcv8/pango-querymodules >/opt/csw/etc/pango/pango.modules
>>
>> for an earlier version you should run
>> /opt/csw/bin/pango-querymodules >/opt/csw/etc/pango/pango.modules
>>
>> Please let us know if this does not fix the issue.

>It would seem as though our existing users might be similarly plagued with
>this sort of thing if they upgraded recently.

>if so, this very nasty situation, warrants an email about it, to the
>announce and user lists.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  Yes, apparently the problem
was with the pango.modules file and after running the above command (the
binaries under sparc and sparcv8 are the same) my problem was resolved.

I am using the latest 1.24.3,REV=2009.07.01 version of libpango and I
typically update once a week or so.  I do not know exactly when the last
update was to libpango on my system.  Does this look like a general bug in
the post-install script that failed to automatically regenerate the
module list?

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040