[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 16 17:51:57 CEST 2009

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,

I don't think that you refer to me... however I have some questions

> I just added two new i/r scripts to the class utils package.  These
> will automatically compile .el to .elc at install time.  If you're ok
> with my changes, can you pop out a new release of cswclassutils?

What's the utility of this knowing that .elc files are architectural
neutral?

Packages containing .el and ..elc are usually split such as the .el
files are in an optional package and ..elc in mandatory ones.

Reducing the payload is not, in my opinion, a sufficient reason.
--
Peter