[csw-maintainers] New graphviz packages in testing

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 23 13:21:19 CEST 2009

John Ellson wrote:
> There are new graphviz packages in testing:
>
>    graphviz        Graph Visualization Tools
>    graphvizdevel      headers etc. for development
>    graphvizdoc        documentation
>    graphvizgraphs     example graphs
>    graphvizgd         renderers using gd
>    graphvizsharp      language binding for C#
>    graphvizguile      language binding for guile
>    graphvizperl       language binding for perl
>    graphvizpython     language binding for python
>    graphviztcl        language binding for tcl
>
> I can't actually install from testing.  I'm not sure why?
>
>      # pkg-get -s http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing -U -u graphviz
>      Updated description file
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWexpat
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWpango
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWlibcairo
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWgts
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWlibxrender
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWgs
>      Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>      Error: dependancies for graphviz not up to date.
>
> Can anyone help with this?

Have you tried using pkgutil for the same purpose? pkg-get once couldn't
handle dependencies that spanned different repositories (graphviz from
testing, deps from current in your case). I don't know whether that is
still the case.

If it is indeed the pkg-get issue we should mention this on the testing
page [1] so that people know about it.

Sebastian

[1] http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing.html