[csw-maintainers] Subversion on bender

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 24 20:00:26 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jul 24 11:57:01 -0400 2009:
> "i propose" that only people who are actively doing web source code work,
> get to vote on what the VCS for  web server work is.

How are you defining 'actively'?  Mike has (as you mentioned) made
previous contributions.  He seems like a good candidate for a 'vote'
to me.  Maciej should also get a vote since he now has code in
'testing' ready for the web.  William as well.

I disagree with this premise for inclusion/exclusion though.  The web
site is a project resource (as opposed to a personal resource like
pkg-get).  It should be a project decision.  Just because someone
isn't personally contributing right this minute doesn't mean they
won't in the future.

Having the consensus of current project members now makes it easier
for more people to feel comfortable contributing at such a time as
they have something valuable to contribute.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.