[csw-maintainers] Updating cups to 1.3.11

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 24 21:10:46 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jul 24 14:53:17 -0400 2009:
> > After a few revisions of the patch, it was seemingly dropped.
>
> My recollection was that you, Dago, and I, discussed a different way of
> doing things; you agreed to do it... but then did not finish the method we
> discussed.

I knocked out a patch to checkpkg that allowed the calls from GAR to
say -i $pkg,$pkg2, or some such.  It then skipped validating those
dependencies and GAR presumably passed in the set of packages being
built currently.  That was rejected.

I submitted a second patch that let it evaluate multiple packages at
the same time, remembering missing libraries/dependencies and checking
again at the end after checking the rest of the packages.  I'd have to
dig it out, but afaik, there wasn't anything wrong with this patch, it
just wasn't applied.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.