[csw-maintainers] Actual downloads of packages from testing

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 28 19:16:53 CEST 2009

When we put packages in testing, we are hoping that someone would
download and install them. Of course, we can't force anyone to test
packages, but we could see whether individual packages actually get
downloaded. We could assume that at least some of the downloads result
in testing. The reason why I'm asking is that I have a feeling that
some of the packages that spend time in testing aren't actually tested
before going into newpkgs. Once we know whether it's the case, we can
think of ways to promote the testing of packages; It would be good to
collect some data first.

Thoughts?