[csw-maintainers] The source code of www.opencsw.org

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at inamo.no
Thu Jul 23 18:09:52 CEST 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 05:50:55PM +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>> Ben Walton wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Thu Jul 23 11:25:35 -0400 2009:
>>> +1 for making the website code open and public.
>> +1
>>
>> Would be nice to be able to turn the package database into a separate
>> application, I have clients that might see use something like that.
>
> Umm... I doubt your clients would really want to use our code.
> Euuu, ick ;-)
>
> besides, there isnt really much "code" for that. What code would they
> actually use? the
>  "taking apart a package, to analyze and register in a database" bit?

That part would definitely be useful.

> If you're serious about that, I'll consider making my ugly mess something
> that is more suitable for publication.

They would like to see the applications that they have available, but
also the versions available so some extensions would be needed.

I realize it is all quite easy to write, but it is the kind of code that
take a while to get to work correctly so a starting point would be useful.

--
Trygve