[csw-maintainers] gtk2 issues on x86 and 32/64 bit issues

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 09:25:49 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 30.07.2009 um 17:42 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>>> Or could the pixbuffers be queried during package creation
>>> statically?
>>> That would also eliminate the ugly (and slow) postinstall.
>>
>> +1
>
> I would prefer this, but it is allowed? Or are there other modules
> that are
> not present at build time?

I don't know (never meet the situation). However, I think that, at least
for post addition of modules is the responsibility of the provider of
the module to refresh the pixbuffers; these seems to be similar in
behaviour with fontconfig, don't you think? There are other instances of
it but I don't remember which.

BTW, what is Debian doing for this? It's not such a bad thing to see
what our friends are doing...

HTH
--
Peter