[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 12:25:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Peter FELECAN<pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> - buildbot can handle parallel builds on the buildfarm, by running
>> different builds in different subdirectories
>
> This should be done on a different system than that used for day to day
> work. I don't want to be penalised by gcc, OpenOffice and other monsters
> being built the same time that I wish to build a new package.

I see two potential solutions:

1. Provide separate hardware for the buildbot
2. Avoid building certain blacklisted packages. Optional: schedule
periodic or nightly builds for those packages.

>> - buildbot automatically picks up changes from the repository, there's
>> no hand-scheduling needed
>
> This is true only for "garified" packages. Is there a plug-in for other
> kind of build?

Can you come up with an example of a different build? Where would the
source code come from?

There's one more issue: multi-ISA packages. I have a vague idea how to
implement them, but I don't have the proper environment at hand to
actually do that.