[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 16:14:42 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 31.07.2009 um 12:31 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> All my packages are outside gar. The source code comes from my home
>> directory...
>
> - Is there a specific reason why you are not using GAR? Without GAR it
> is
>   hard to do teams, takeover, knowledge sharing, consistent packages,
> etc.

Yes: I prefer to use my own "sausage factory". Known complexity versus
unknown complexity. Besides, my "volunteer-ship" on this project
predating gar's usage gives me the choice to use the system that I
prefer.

When the politics of the foundation change and the usage of gar is
mandatory I reserve my decision.
--
Peter