[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 20:15:10 CEST 2009

On 31/07/09, 17:47:57, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] Buildbot:

> If there were a simplified published API, for the source tree, that would
> accept and interface build systems other than gar, then perhaps Peter F
> (and "others" *cough*) would be more inclined to check their stuff into
> it.

> for example, if there were a flat namespace in the source tree, and if it
> were always possible to do

> cd mgar/pkg/softwarename
>   #and then one or more of
>   make
>   make package
>   (?make clean?)

> Define an absolute top-level "API" that doesnt require GAR

Go further, just have a single entry point per project (not package) per
version that can be run with exec.  i.e., don't use make as the first
step.  You can call make from a script if you want, I suppose so too
could one call a script from make but it's not as pure and simplistic.

A problem with GAR is using excess make syntax which has to one of the
less expressive ways of defining a procedure.

James.