[csw-maintainers] new class scripts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jun 1 20:27:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 01:24:18PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:
> Even with the single installf -f it took forever
> between 1 and 3 seconds per file.  that does not sound like much,
> but when you start talking about 2000 or 3000 files it adds up quickly.
> I am not sure if that is a problem with my machine? large contents file, or
> some other issue? or if it is normal for installf to be that slow.  I would
> rather do it this way, which does not show that kind of response time.
> I think this makes for a Better user experience.
>
> installed on a fairly quiet v490 running solaris 10 for my benchmark.

I am not sure what "this way" is.
I looked at http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package and it SEEMS
to have a very brief gar directive.

Would you please update the wiki page to state that explicitly... and ALSO
to give a more "manual" description of what is neccessary, if one is
putting together a package by hand rather than using gar?