[csw-maintainers] Jumpstart post-install recipe for OpenCSW

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 5 18:27:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

does someone have a working "install me some OpenCSW packages" Jumpstart
post-install snippet that he could pass to me? I am in the process of
setting up my first Jumpstart server and i would like to have it install a
list of CSW pkgs after setting up the machine.

Is this known to work with the various postinstall scripts (or cswinitsmf)
that we have in the packages?

And out of curiosity: What are the specifics to watch out for so that a
postinstall script will work in a Jumpstart environment, just
$PKG_INSTALL_ROOT [1] or are there any other caveats that pop up
frequently?

Sebastian

[1] http://www.opencsw.org/standards/pkgcreation