[csw-maintainers] Fwd: [bug-notifications] [ggettextrt 0003706]: libintl

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 8 22:37:38 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this bug just has been submitted:
>   <http://opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3706>
>

> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:
>> The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
>> After upgrading a bunch of CSW-packages binaries linked to libintl starts
>> to crash due to a nonexistant symbol
>>
>> fatal: relocation error: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so.8: symbol
>> libiconv_set_relocation_prefix: referenced symbol not found
>
> This looks pretty bad. However, most of the apps still seems to function...

I'm the one who filed the bug report and the problem isn't that the apps
doesn't start, but that they crashes after a while in some specific places
(within a function call to libexif which is linked to libintl and libiconv).
However, a recompile of the app seem to fix the problem.
But the question is if there is some option when building libintl whether to
include libiconv_set_relocation_prefix or not...

(Btw, I'm updating the bug report with this info)