[csw-maintainers] Adjusting $(DIRPATHS) for sparse zones support with shared /opt

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 14 16:02:20 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Sun Jun 14 09:53:54 -0400 2009:

> You could grep for /opt/csw/var instances in all the build files and
> replace them accordingly. I see two main issues:
>
> - potential problems will be seen at runtime, not at the time of packaging
> - already installed programs will have their data in /opt/csw/var,
> some form of data migration might be necessary

If this is announced loudly enough, all maintainers should take
precautions at the next update of affected packages.  Could a class
script mitigate some of the pain here?  The script would either
install the new file or iff the file exists in the old location, copy
that in instead?  There are some corner cases that would need to be
handled, so it's not as simple as described, but I think it could be
done.

Thoughts?

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.