[csw-maintainers] IRC-Bot for #opencsw ... prototype version online

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 22 08:08:25 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Sebastian Kayser<skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> to bring some more life to our IRC channel, i have extended an IRC bot
> framework

Which one?

> You can either query her with commands or trigger her in the channel by
> prefixing @ to your commands. Give the following commands a try:
>
>  @pkginfo trac
>  @buglist trac
>  @fsearch ssl.h

I tried them - way cool!

> Give it a try, let me know what you think. Expect the one or the other
> hickup, it's rather basic and doesn't yet handle all exceptions. If
> someone has prior experience in coding such bots and wants to roll an
> alternative one, feel free. Feature requests very welcome!

A suggestion: would you mind putting your code into the code repository? [1]

A feature that comes to mind would be a wiki search:

<automaciej> @wiki summer camp
<ceeswi> http://wiki.opencsw.org/summercamp-2009 - Summer Camp 2009

Maciej

[1] http://opencsw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opencsw/