[csw-maintainers] Debugging with Sun Studio and mGAR

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 24 19:07:17 CEST 2009

I'm currently working on debugging an issue with cups-polld. At the
present stage, I'm about to learn how to build all the binaries with
debugging symbols and run them under the control of Sun Studio.

I'm guessing I'll be using a 'project with existing sources', pointing
at the work/${package}-${version} directory and not calling 'gmake
clean' not to nuke the compiled objects or binaries.

Has anyone here done this kind of work before? If so, do you have any
tips or know any gotchas about the process?