[csw-maintainers] Supported Versions (was Re: Minor web site change?)

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 26 14:23:02 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:

> for people who run 8, even having "untested packages" is better than
> "having no packages".

I'd disagree if they're displacing tested, known good, older Sol 8
versions. I'd suggest we archive what's available for Sol8, publish a
health warning to users about no security or other patches, and move
on.

Given we support the 'supported versions of Solaris', why no
OpenSolaris support? This is now a supported Solaris version,
according to Sun, and has been since Nov 2008 AFAIK.

Gary

--
Gary Law
glaw at opencsw.org