[csw-maintainers] Supported Versions (was Re: Minor web site change?)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jun 28 23:51:26 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:06:28PM +0200, rupert THURNER wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 15:46, Philip Brown<phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> > Do we have anyone willing to step up and make an IPS repository out of our
> > packages?
>
> you mean:
>
> 1.setting up a repository:
>    http://blogs.sun.com/halton/entry/setup_a_ips_repository
> 2. http://blogs.sun.com/migi/resource/creating_ips_repo_part_5.html
>     use solaris.py ?
>     (out of http://blogs.sun.com/migi/entry/create_your_own_opensolaris_ips2)
>
> or just do something like:
>
> for cswpkg in `ls -1 /home/wherever-opencsw-packages-are`
> do
>   pkgsend -s http://pkg.opencsw.org:10000 send $cswpkg
> done

I meant primarily taking on the responsability of converting packages, on
an ongoing basis.

This is not a trivial task: Quite a few of our packages will need
massaging, for them to work under IPS.

Additionally, this person would then have de-facto responsability, of
giving feedback to the "mainline group" (ie: the maintainers at large :)
on things that do not translate well to IPS mechanisms

If anyone is interested, please email me privately, and i will discuss more
details there.