[csw-maintainers] New package, djbdns, and update package, rl, in testing...

Mike Arnold mike at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 4 16:34:26 CET 2009

Gary Law wrote:
> Hi
>
> One new package, the evil/virtuous djbdns. This love-it-or-loathe-it job
> has
> been done to satisfy a need I have, and AFAIK is on a CSW wish list I saw
> somewhere; it's just the binaries, none of the myriad of servers that are
> included are configured or started. I think this fit with policy as none
> of
> them work without custom config anyway. Note this installs entirely in
> /opt/csw, as we are free to ignore djbs install instructions as he has
> finally placed the software in the public domain. I'm not sure if to
> declare
> a dependency on ucspi-tcp and daemontools, as it is theoretically possible
> to run this binaries without the rest of the djbware, but in practice
> no-one
> does.
>
> One updated package, the trivial rl (randomize lines) has a version bump.
> Use this to mash up your log files for fun and profit.
>
> Both were build from gar on the bo farm. Sparc and x86 binaries are now
> sitting in /home/testing for you cogitate over...
>
> Feedback welcome,

Will you be adding all of the patches one can find for djbdns?

--
-m

... so long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those
who wish to tyrranize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent,
and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious
and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.
                -- Voltarine de Cleyre