[csw-maintainers] Another GAR question

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 6 03:00:06 CET 2009

Excerpts from Roger Håkansson's message of Thu Mar 05 20:48:54 -0500 2009:
> If upstream package doesn't unpack into a separate directory (i.e
> xx-YY.tar.gz unpacks to xx-YY), but into current directory (i.e
> $WORKDIR_FIRSTMOD), how would I go about to extract package files into
> correct directory (i.e $WORKDIR_FIRSTMOD/$DISTNAME)?

Override the tgz-extract-%.tar.gz (or whatever extension) target with
a more specific one (eg: extract-$distname.tar.gz:).  See the
docbookdtds package for examples or grep for "*-extract" in gar.lib.mk
to get a better idea of which targets are in play for this.

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.