[csw-maintainers] GCC build question

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 9 15:27:26 CET 2009

Hi Mike,

Am 07.03.2009 um 14:35 schrieb Mike Watters:
> Sebastian Kayser wrote:
>> Mike Watters wrote:
>>> I have gcc 4.3.3 building successfully on solaris 8
>>> both v8/v9 arch. I have i386 and amd64 building successfully
>>> on solaris 10 x86, and i386 building on solaris 8.
>>>
>>> is there any way to merge the solaris 10 and solaris 8
>>
>> Don't know whether this helps with gcc, but what i do with mbuffer is
>> to set BUILD64=1 an then
>>
>>   1) on  build8x: gmake build-isa-i386
>>   2) on build10x: gmake merge
>>   3) on  build8x: gmake package
>>

> that is what I did for the other 64bit builds I do.  however, with
> gcc, both the build on 8x and 10x build as isa-i386.

You can modulate over anything you want, e. g.
   MODULATORS = OSREL
   MODULATION_OSREL = $(GAROSREL)
This builds one tree per OS release in
   work/build-osrel-5.8/
   work/build-osrel-5.10/
You then must define mergerules on how to assemble these trees into a
pkgroot/.
Please let me know if I can be of any assistence on this. It can be
confusing for
the unaware, but for exactly these situations were modulations made
for :-)

> I found that if I change BUILD_PREFIX ( to /opt/csw/gcc4 ) in my gar
> Makefile, it breaks gar builds ( filed a bug report
> on that )

This has been fixed in r3059:
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/changeset/3059>
Please update your GAR tree and recheck.

> I am still working on how to get it built with some smoke and
> mirrors in the Makefile,  I was just hoping someone had
> already encountered this and could share how they did it.

Don't worry, if you know how to build gcc, we can build a package out
of it.