[csw-maintainers] Dynamic licence not working

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 9 16:43:43 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 09.03.2009 um 16:38 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Am 09.03.2009 um 15:56 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
>> wrote:
>>> This was a bug which occured when using dynamic copyrights with
>>> explicit gspec-files (instead of dynamic gspec-files with PACKAGES).
>>> This is fixed in r3678. Please give it a try and let me know if
>>> everything works as expected.
>>
>> But I don't have gspec files any longer for clamav. However, I
>> updated
>> the gar dir to r3678 and rebuilt everything but there's still no
>> license file.
>
> Well, you now don't have a licensefile for another reason:
> you redefine WORKSRC. This is usually allowed, but doesn't work
> right now. I'll fix it.

On second tought, redefining WORKSRC is not a good idea as you
basically only want to reset DISTNAME. The reason is that
resetting WORKSRC includes WORKDIR, which is derived from the
modulation. The code to find the license searches all WORKSRC
in all modulations, and on resetting WORKSRC this would require
rewriting the WORKDIR prefix. This is possible, but ugly and I
want to do this only when it becomes really necessary. Until
that time I would prefer the recommendation to leave WORKSRC
alone.