[csw-maintainers] new wiki page Enable Fast Install Information

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 16 11:27:42 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 16.03.2009 um 03:34 schrieb Mike Watters:
> Philip Brown wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 07:14:17PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:
>>> I finally created a wiki page for --enable-fast-install option
>>> information.
>>> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Fast_Install
>>> Please feel free to fix any errors you find.
>>>
>>> I added a link from the main page
>>> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Main_Page
>>>
>>> if this is not the appropriate place for this link, Please move it
>>> and let me know for future pages.
>>
>> it's not appropriate in that entire area, in my opinion.
>>
>> For one thing, you have to log in to read it.

That is just because of the wrong link - if you are logged in
you get https-prefix which needs login, http does not.

>> For another, it doesnt have anything to do with gar specifically,
>> does it?
>> I'd say it belongs either on wiki.opencsw.org, or as part of our
>> build
>> standards.

Well, the build standard should say "Build for sparcv8". How to
achieve this
with GAR and modifying flags to get a suitable build does have something
to do with GAR. In the SF-wiki should be all information needed to build
a package with GAR and this information is helpful here. Separating out
build information for manual builds is IMHO not useful - building
manually
will hopefully no longer be necessary soon.