[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] Porting facter and puppet packages to mGAR

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 16 22:00:39 CET 2009

side note:
folks, please dont cross-post between the maintainers and the users list.

That being said...
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 08:52:18PM +0000, Gary Law wrote:
>    The startup scripts are based on those shipped by puppet's developers,
>    nice of them to put together svcadm friendly xml files, I just needed to
>    sed 'em into CSW-friendly paths. Not too tricky. I've also, purely for my
>    own purposes, just put together the needed methods and xmls for
>    puppetmaster, and was planning to pop these into the next update of the
>    package I go.

A reminder: if appropriate, it's better still, to take advantage of
our cswclassutils scripts, to enable SMF support automatically, rather than
use hand-tweaked xml files.

Longer term, it will let us do "Spiffy Things" in an across-the-board
manner.

If there is a specific benefit for hand-crafting xml files, that's
different. But otherwise, please consider the generic approach instead.