[csw-maintainers] is IBM going to buy Sun?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Mar 18 17:27:54 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:53:46AM +0100, Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> I've just seen this in the UBS Quotes news ticker. Not the first time
> that people talking about a take over...

Makes sense to me. After all, they havent been conducting customer service
and response to customer needs, like they want to stay in business long
term :-/

Companies who want to stay in business, invest in research, and attempt to
increase spending in core product strengths
Companies who want to get bought, focus on "reducing overhead".
Sun seems to be undergoing an extreme identity crisis since Scott M. left.
They dont seem to know what "core product strengths" are any more.