[csw-maintainers] GAR sanity check for a double variable assignment in build descriptions

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 18 20:35:42 CET 2009

Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Wed Mar 18 14:40:45 -0400
2009:

Hi Sebastian,

> The following excerpt demonstrates what i mean:
>
> PATCHFILES = patch-foo.diff
> PATCHFILES = patch-bar.diff
>
> yank&paste of the first line was used to produce the second and the
> missing += makes the first patch file "vanish" for the build.

I don't think there is much you can do about this (although I'd love
to find out I'm wrong), but you could do something like this instead:

PATCHFILES = $(sort $(subst files/,,$(shell ls files/*patch)))

That will include all patch files for you, but relies on your naming
convention for proper ordering (which may or may not be important to
applying them).

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.