[csw-maintainers] Libtool and .la-files: fixme.sh

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 16:45:03 CET 2009

Hi Ihsan,

Am 23.03.2009 um 16:41 schrieb Ihsan Dogan:
> Am 23.3.2009 16:30 Uhr, Dagobert Michelsen schrieb:
>
>>> I have a script I wrote that "so far" has stopped compiles from
>>> using
>>> the libtool pseudo-libraries.  I call it as a post-configure script.
>>
>> I made a page in the wiki for fixme.sh:
>>  <http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Libtool>
>> Feel free to enhance the page, feedback as always welcome!
>
> You used "svn cp" in your example. Is there a reason why to use "svn
> cp"
> instead a symlink?

For a symlink you must check out the whole tree. This contradicts
the idea of "single package checkout" when introducing mGAR
(m = modular). Just making "cp" instead of "svn cp" forgets the
file history. You can nicely see this when you browse the file,
e. g.
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/log/csw/mgar/pkg/pkgconfig/trunk/files/fixme.sh?rev=3874