[csw-maintainers] Updating Perl packages

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 23:22:14 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Actually there are several Perl module packages (a number between "a lot"
> and "so many") to be updated. Most of this belongs to Cory Comand or to Alex
> Moore.

I could take over a few that has to do with MailScanner:

pm_timedate (current)
pm_testpod (current)
pm_syshostnamelong (current)
pm_podsimple (3.05 -> 3.07)
pm_podescapes (current)
pm_netcidr (0.10 -> 0.13)
pm_htmlparser (3.48 -> 3.60)
pm_dbi (1.604 -> 1.607)
pm_converttnef (current)
pm_convertbinhex (current)
pm_archivezip (1.23 -> 1.26)

Some of them need updating, I can do that.

> I volunteer to update all the packages which are currently in GAR, but i am
> not a user of this module, not even a perl user... So i would need some
> help, espcially, i would need some advice on "how to test that what i did
> work". Could some one give me some advices about what i should check for
> these packages ?

As Mike said, usually they come with tests that use the code in a
realistic way. If it's an arch=all module you really can't go wrong
but if it's got binaries you may want to test it on both archs. Most
of my modules I need for something else so I can test them by
installing them in a system where they are needed.

--
/peter