[csw-maintainers] Double CSWcommon dependencies on GAR builds

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 24 18:05:58 CET 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Mar 24 13:01:43 -0400 2009:
> If the latter isnt happening... sounds like that's what the bug is.
> In principle, gar should leave depend file alone if one is provided,
>  shouldnt it?

GAR will honour an explicit depend file, but if you don't provide
that, it generates one dynamically.  This is done based on variables
set the the build description and then augmented with CSWcommon (and
possibly others in the case of perl, etc).

In the case of gsed (which I'm taking a peek at now), it created the
depend file correctly on run 1.  If you then call `gmake package`
again, it adds an extra CSWcommon line.  A third call saw no change.
I then removed the package* cookie files and called `gmake package` a
fourth time and got a third CSWcommon line...I'm not seeing the error
yet either, but it's definitely happening...and not due to overriding
an explicit file (ala $(call admfiles,...)).

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.