[csw-maintainers] Double CSWcommon dependencies on GAR builds

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 24 18:10:13 CET 2009

Hi Phil,

Am 24.03.2009 um 18:01 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 05:52:17PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
>> I found that GAR added common for all packages and also perl for cpan
>> packages so I just stopped adding them as deps, otherwise I got
>> double
>> lines of them. Isn't that what is happening?
>
> Hmm...
> i thought the theory was, that
> EITHER you let gar find the dependancies "automatically"
> OR you explicitly specify dependancies, and gar leaves depend alone.
>
> If the latter isnt happening... sounds like that's what the bug is.
> In principle, gar should leave depend file alone if one is provided,
> shouldnt it?

It does merge in a basic template file, which is "P CSWcommon" for
normal packages and an additional dependency to Perl for CPAN
modules. However, when I try it the line is always added only once.

> (it's fine to WARN about missing stuff, but it shouldnt mess with
> a maintainer-supplied file,I should think)

Maintainers should use dynamic dependencies anyway in favor:
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=GAR_Variable_Reference

like
   REQUIRED_PKGS = CSWperl CSWautomake