[csw-maintainers] file location for our svc/smf stuff

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 26 14:25:38 CET 2009

In the realm of "cleanup"...

we shouldnt be using /opt/csw/var for our packages any more.. it's a
contradiction of naming, given that /opt/csw should be readonly.

that being said... we need to decide on a new location,for stuff that has
been put there. most is self-evident, except for one thing:
where we copied sun's bizzare naming for /var/svc/manifest

So... where should we put things that currently live in
/opt/csw/var/svc/manifest?

Is this stuff truely supposed to be writable?

If so, then we need to "deliver" it to the real /var/svc.
But that being said.... we also need a way to "ship it", in read-only
fashion.
For multiple reasons:

1. clean pkg rming
2. NFS read-only share of /opt/csw
3. read-only share of /opt/csw due to zones.

I'd suggest something, but I dont know too much about SMF handling, so I'm
hoping those who know more, will suggest something first.